NUR 7100 - DNP Project
Credits: (1.0-6.0 Credit Hours) (140 Clinical Hours)
This course engages the student in a scholarly experience that implements the principles of evidence-based practice and translational sciences. Under the guidance of a faculty mentor and a DNP project committee, the student engages in an in-depth and integrative practice experience which results in a practice-related written product. Prerequisite(s): NUR 7308
Course Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Apply evidence-based knowledge and leadership strategies in the execution, completion and evaluation of the program to improve practice, quality of care, social justice and health outcomes for specific populations in the community.
2. Demonstrate implementation of translation science and information literacy in complex healthcare decision-making by analyzing findings, interpreting results, translating the knowledge and capacity into clinical practice and recommending solutions or actions plans.
3. Evaluate the methods and procedures of the DNP Project.
4. Demonstrates leadership that facilitates interprofessional collaboration and organization-wide changes in practice delivery.
5. Complete a practice portfolio to validate attainment of program competencies.